Friday 1 January 2016

The start of 2016 and ...

Stitching already :)

Day one of DUCJFC2016 has started :D

Today I started a baby sampler I was given as a gift by a very dearly departed friend and fellow stitcher whom I met on a cross stitching forum many years ago!!  

So I thought it was a fitting tribute to Debbie and Angela that I started my crazy challenge with this baby sampler that I was given when Cara was born ... Now I just feel really bad as that was 5 and 1/2 years ago!!! 

I have managed a very small start today as we spent most of the day having a quality family day before the madness of normal life resumes lol!  Back to normal after Christmas and New Year.

I hope you have had a great start to 2016!  Let the stitching fun begin :D

Baby Sampler ready to 'go'

A few lines at the top of the 'babys' head :D

Tomorrow I will finally start Ryan's dragon!!  He is delighted!

Happy New Year all and lets hope its a good one!!
xxxxx

18 comments:

  1. Nice start and very pretty fabric Heather.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..such a nice connection to Debbie's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely start love the Angel . Happy New Year to you and your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby sampler is a great choice
    I look forward to see progresses
    Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric choice is gorgeous! Sweet design and nice start

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely chart and such pretty fabric! Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happyy new year and good luck with the challenge :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet chart and very lovely fabric..
    Yipeeeee
    Happy stitching dear X

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've chosen a lovely project to start off the challenge and I love the fabric (is it Crocus?). Do you think you might have it finished for Cara's 6th birthday? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is a challenge Rachel and a brilliant idea!! I hadn't thought about that! I'll give it ago :D

      Delete
  10. Better late than never! It's going to be beautiful on that fabric.
    Happy New Year, and happy stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's going to be so cute when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice start to the CJC - your fabric choice is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice start I love the fabric you chose, Happy New Year to you and good luck with the CJC2016

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great start and clearly the perfect choice for Debbie's Challenge. Beautiful fabric choice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all! The fabric is Polstitches and its called Bouquet :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely stitchy start to the new year! Good luck on finishing it for her birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute start and I love the fabric x

    ReplyDelete