Monday 17 September 2018

Sew .... What have I been upto?


Good Morning All,

Well, we seem to have settled back into the routine of school, the 7am alarm is a killer though haha! I got too use to being lazy, I think!  


Katie's lovely fluffy PJ's are too small for her (it's her own fault for growing lol) so, she said I could use them for a memorybear. The panda face would of been too big. So, I secretly turned the PJ top into a cushion cover. I put it on her bed and said nothing. She was totally delighted at bedtime!! 😁 Gold ⭐ for mummy!! A 5 minute sew gave me a smile I'll remember for a life time!!


Katie and her panda cushion

Last Thursday it was Roald Dahl Day 2018 Omagh Integrated Primary School joined in with this amazing celabration! They also went to watch a play at Drumragh Integrated College! Cara's class could go dressed as a character from one of Roald Dahl's books or dressed in his favourite colour ... yellow!!

I couldn't get yellow leggings to fit Cara so I altered a small pair by adding fabric either side. Then personalised one leg 😁 Since the fabric matched the Pineapple bag I had made a while ago, she used that as her school bag for the day!! One happy Cara!!

Cara ready for Roald Dahl day

The day finally arrived!! International sew a Jelly Roll Day 2018 (Saturday 15th Sept) 

The jelly roll is Play All Day by Moda. I bought it from the  USA!

I made a Tote bag with some of it.  I just have a few finishing touches to put to it then I'll post some photos!

Sew a Jelly Roll day
15th September 2018

Have a brilliant day, stay safe
Hugs Heather
xxxx


#HeatherMakes
#sewing
#handmade
heathermakes_sewing on Instagram
@xstichchick on Twitter
#HeatherLovesToSew

4 comments:

  1. I love that there's a Roald Dahl day. Was he from your town? LOVE the Panda pillow too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The panda cushion is wonderful - what a great way to use those outgrown pj's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather: I am a fan of Roald Dahl, my favorite book is Matilda, I am working on a class project and the saying on the piece is a piece from Roald Dahl.
    Lovey pillow, so sweet.
    Yellow is one of my favorite colors, Cara looks so sweet.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete