Monday 5 August 2019

Make A Softie From Your Childs Drawing

Mary Monster #sewasoftie

July 9, 2019|#HANDMADE, #HEATHERMAKES, #SEWASOFTIE, TUTORIALS
#sewasoftie is the wonderful creation of Trixi over at colouredbuttons.com
Each day of July a different blogger posts a tutorial showing how to make a softie.  You can follow along and join in with the sewing fun!  Search #sewasoftie and you shall find us all! Just click on mine or Trixi's Instagram links below:-
For those that joined in the #sewasoftie blog hop last year may remember Martin Monster ... well here is his sister Mary! 

Mary Monster #sewasoftie 

Sewing stuffed animals and toys.

Designed and drawn by Katie aged 11 years



Download the drawing for your template 
(The template is a drawn outline to save you printer ink!!)
I started by photocopying the drawing because I didn't want to ruin the original!  You never know, one day it may be hung in a gallery worth billions!! 
I have kept her the same size too (Mary, not Katie haha)


I photocopied the main body, hair and belly also.


Gather all the felt required.
Draw around the shapes and cut them out. 
I also used 2 pre-cut hearts that I had but trimmed them down to fit Mary!



The piece for the darker blue hair on the front I made slightly longer so it was easier to sew on.



Now, sew Mary's back onto her front then stuff her with toy stuffing to bring Mary to life! 




I think she is totally lovely!  I really enjoy making my kiddies drawing come to life!  So easy to do and it gives them so much joy!  its a drawing that will not be forgotten in a hurry!

I hope you enjoyed my #sewasoftie blog hop post! 

Happy sewing
Heather
#HeatherMakes





No comments:

Post a Comment